The Sacrament of First Holy Communion
The Eucharist is the “the source and summit of the Christian life.” The Eucharist is the sum and summary of our faith: “Our way of thinking is attuned to the Eucharist, and the Eucharist in turn confirms our way of thinking.” (CCC1324, 1327)
- The person is to be baptized
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Registered member of St. James
- In an effort to get to know the families here at St. James, a meeting with the Director of Faith Formation is required prior to requesting Sacrament.
- Children : Minimum of two sequential years of faith formation (either in the parish or in a Catholic School)
- Second grade or older
First Eucharist must be received at a scheduled Parish First Communion Celebration Mass.
Sacramental Preparation Fee is $50 for First Communion and $50 for First Reconciliation.
Sacramental Fees for First Communion and First Reconciliation are to be paid at the time of registration, in addition to Religious Education Registration fee.
- Sacrament Request Form signed by both parents
- Copy of Baptism and Birth Certificates
- If attending a Catholic school, letter of enrollment from the school.
Please contact the Faith Formation Office for any additional information regarding First Holy Communion. [email protected]
Back to Top Share this page on