The Sacrament of Confirmation
“The reception of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace.” For “by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy spirit. Hence they are a true witness of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” (CCC 1285)
- Registered member of St. James
- Student in the 8th grade or older
- Received the Sacrament of Baptism
- Two consecutive years of faith formation formation leading to the year of Sacrament.
- If a Teen is attending a Catholic High School, a verification enrollment letter will need to be submitted for them to participate in the Sacrament Preparation Program.
- In an effort to get to know the families here at St. James, a meeting with the Director of Faith Formation is required prior to requesting Sacrament.
- Confirmation preparation is achieved through meetings, online work, and an all day retreat.
- Preparation fee is $50 to be paid at time of registration.
- Sacrament Request Form signed by both parents
- Copy of Baptism and Birth Certificates
- If attending a Catholic school, letter of enrollment from the school.
- Sponsor Eligibility Form