The Sacrament of Baptism
“Is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word”(CCC1213)
- Registered member of St. James or another parish ( provide letter of permission from your home parish)
- Attend a baptism preparation session (if you have attended a baptism preparation session within three years you do not have to retake)
- Baptism Request Form with both parents’ signatures
- Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate
- Godparent Eligibility Forms
- Suggested Donation : $50
- Baptism Class Registration
Godparents are required to either be registered members of St. James or present a letter from their home parish indicating that they are eligible to be a sponsor. A sponsor/godparent should not be less than 16 years of age, fully initiated into the Catholic Church and cannot be the child’s parent.
Children age 7 and above will join the RCIA process to becoming Catholic.