Hi Everyone, I can't believe that we have 15 DAYS and THIS AND THAT SALE is here!! This is the biggest fundraiser we have which is run by the Youth Ministry - 2 x a year we do this
- All proceeds go to the Summer Programs' expenses - Steubenville Conference and Good Samaritan Project-and other youth needs - this helps the parents with the cost - in the past years they all went without financial burdens to the family
- All things we sell are donations from our staff and parishioners, their family and friends and even neighbors
- Drop off starts Wednesday Oct. 2 from 9:00am-5:00pm until Oct. 4 from 9:00am-5:00pm
- Volunteers are needed during set up from Wednesday - Friday
- I know that a lot of you are in school and I tried for the last 2 years to extend the set up until 7:00pm but there were not too many youth who helped in the evening
- We are so blessed that all volunteers we have during these times are the retirees and they are so happy and glad to assist and we have regular ones who helped for many many years now! Bless their heart ( they are really awesome angels)
- If you are available to help set up , I will truly appreciate it
- The HELP I need the most from the youth and their parents is on SATURDAY, Oct. 5 ( from 8:30am-2:30pm)- East Wing
- There will be 2 shifts
- Opening 8:30am-11:30am - I will need youth to assist in selling and watching all merchandise that are outside , Distribute shopping bags and Greet customers, Assist all customers. Some will work inside and some outside and we will alternate so you don't have to be out in the sun all 3 hours .
- Closing 11:30am-2:30pm) I will need more adults in the closing because we box up the leftover items
- Please sign up at the youth table this weekend or next or you can let me know by replying to this email or text me or call me
- Volunteer hours will be given if you need one
- Please wear your STATIC T-shirt and comfortable shoes on Saturday
- ALSO, Parents please when you go grocery shopping, ask for paper bags . Publix is very generous
- We will need the paper bags because from 12:00noon-1:00pm , we have a" $3 fill the Paper Bag Sale "
- After 1:00pm , we box all left over items and a truck from Good Connection picks them up
- Good Connection is Non-profit organization which helps the community as well - what a good way to help each other !!!
This and That Sale is a lot of work ( very tedious) , but it is also a very rewarding , fun, and great way we meet parishioners and other people from our community. There are so many generous parishioners here at St James and we are indeed very blessed! God is good , all time !! Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hear from you soon.
Thank you and God bless. In Christ, Lorraine Parsons Youth Ministry Director St James the Apostle Catholic Church 8400 Monarch Dr Port Richey, FL 34668 Office : (727) 869-3130 ext. 1309 Cell: (727) 967-3768 "Let your light shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven " Matthew 5:16